Monday, September 10, 2012

12 Tech Trends

Technology is always changing and improving.  It has improving exponentially for the past couple of years.  Teachers are using smartboards in the classroom and students are getting their own iPads to do all of their school work on.  The present normal classroom is changing dramatically.  There are many educational tech trends that are emerging right now.  The biggest trend from this article that have to do with high school math teacher is the  and the "web apps."

The next tech trend that will be useful to me is the web apps.  I think that hands on learning is the best way for a student to learn, and i think that there is not a better way to get the student involved in the material than web apps.  These apps let the student have freedom of exploring the with the lesson rather than just sitting in a chair listening to the teacher lecture the students.  I think this will come in handy with me because most kids are not that interested in math to begin with.  If I could find a way to let students interact with the lesson, this would make my chances higher that a student will understand that material or even find it interesting.  I know when I was in math class, the teacher used some apps to go along with the lecture they gave.  These made the those certain lesson so much better because it was easy to understand when you see the material on something other than a book.  If I could incorporate these apps into my lessons, I think that this will help my students greatly.  With the way technology is advancing, I think that I won't have any problem incorporating apps into all of my lessons.

4 comments:

  1. I think that it is a great idea to incorporate the 'web applications' into your teaching style and pedagogy. I think if there are new ways to "up" the hands on experience of learning they can only lead to positive gains (used appropriately of course). Student's are easily bored by certain subjects and the ways in which they are taught. I think by using 'web applications' these student's will have a better feel for the material being presented to them, and may even take a new liking to the subject. As a future educator I think this resource is great and should not be underutilized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the web applications could certainly add some new aspects to a math course. I know a lot of my math teachers in high school had their own page/links to place with mathematical activities. They were often completely optional, but they allowed myself and other students to further our knowledge of math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the web application could be a successful tool. I think its a great idea to have web applications replace books, kids would much rather have an interactive lesson than a text book. I think that the more useful technology that is incorporated into a lesson plan the better kids will learn and retain information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you mentioned that math isnt always a favorite subject of kids, it definitely wasn't for me. I like your idea of using web apps to keep kids engage and help them understand. And this is important for any subject, not just math. Teachers need to do everything they can to help their students excel and in order to do this they need to be interested and engaged.

    ReplyDelete